Thursday, September 24, 2009

How to break a heart


Conceived in my heart, born in her eyes

Slid down my cheek, on her lip it dies

I held her close and hugged her tight

I whispered in her ear something just right


“Look up in the sky

If the little sparrows are flying

Then the person you love is loving you too…


Search the frozen garden

If a little red flower is blooming

Then the person you love is loving you too


Sit by the crystal lake

If you see your reflection smiling

Then the person you love is loving you too…”


I let her go, bid her goodbye

Please smile, please don’t cry

My love for you has always been true

I promise I’ll grow old with you


Two years passed and I came back to Rome

I went to see her and she wasn’t home

I searched for her from dusk till dawn

I searched for my love, where had she gone


Drenched in sweat, I needed to rest

Down by the oak tree, that’s where I sat

I longed to see her, ‘cause here’s where we met

“I’d wait for you”, that’s what she had said


I closed my eyes and thought of her

That’s when I heard some voices near

“My love for you has always been true,

I promise I’ll grow old with you”


With a joyous smile, I opened my eyes

With another man, she was standing by

He held her arms, kissed it tight

They walked away and I was lost in light



They say trust no girls, not even few

How to break a heart, I guess she knew

She broke my heart, not in two

Yet those pieces still silently cry…“I love you…”

4 comments:

rau said...

The poem is just WOWWW though it wasnt a happy ending:(

ps, not all the girls are the same abbo;)

Faxeal said...

Nicely written one . . . As long as sparrows and Red Roses exist there is hope. . .One day someone will come to collect and fix the broken pieces of your heart. . . I wish you get the girl you adore. . .

thewildhunter said...

Nice one Abbo... As Rau Said all the girls are not same... Its life, so it will come with ups and downs... We should face it and be patient, instead of blaming others... Coz they r moving on with their life.. We cant say anything about it..

cyberkid said...

I know afsalbe...thanx raudees and thanx deeeds...I know some gals are different...ekamuves... ;)