Friday, April 25, 2008

Finally...


Walking through the shadows
I see “the” lonely girl crying
I reach out to wipe her tears
But they just keep on flowing

I keep an arm around her
I lend her my shoulders to cry on
I slowly pat on her back
Hey, I say, look up in the sky

See the lonely moon shining
All the stars are still out, hiding
But the moon just keeps on smiling
Hold your tears back, just keep on trying

Now tell me what’s wrong
Baby, just try and be strong
Please, just take my hand
Hold on to me, I’ll help you stand

Look into my eyes
It’ll ease the pain
You’re surrounded by fire flies
Cheer up, don’t let it rain

I made a mistake, she says
I’m never going back
I’ll never love again
He broke my heart…

I take a deep breath
It was now or never
The time has come
I did what I had to do…

I hug her close to my heart
Can you feel my heart thumping?
Can you feel the blood pumping?
Can’t you feel the love?
The love I’ve kept for you…

She takes a step back from me
I look down at the ground
Its all over I say to myself
And she manages to whisper…

The garland of red roses, it was you
The chocolates and the card, you
The anonymous letters, all you
But why didn’t you tell me it was you

I turn away from her
You were always in his arms
You always whispered in his ear
You always said you loved him
And you were happy with him

It wounded me, but I wanted you happy
I couldn’t let tears ruin your smile
I sacrificed my love for your joy
Even if it hurt me, I couldn’t let it hurt you

She stares in total disbelief
I take a step forward to leave
My eyes, filled with tears
A hand held me back
And she hugs me from behind…

A whisper in the soft breeze…
One more chance for true love…
I held her arms and looked up
Just to whisper a prayer of thanks,
For giving me what I wanted…