Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The taste of real life : Split personality

To all my readers, I'm really sorry that I haven't been in touch lately. Its not entirely my fault, there was a problem with my house internet connection which was the main reason why I couldn't update my blog. The other reason is that I've got a job now, which brings us back to the topic, the taste of real life...


Well, all my life I've always wanted to experience things. To be honest, the first job I wanted was to be a room boy in a resort, you know, just to feel the hardship 'cause I show my best when I'm under pressure. I wanted a job which included a computer that I didn't need to sit infront of for the rest of my life, a bit of traveling, adventure and where I get to meet new people everyday. I got my wish in a way. Now I attend a duty free shop in the airport, I won't tell you the name of the place, no, I won't tell you what I do, nop. You ask me why and all I can say is that I just don't like what I have to do. But I can tell you this, the particular job doesn't include a computer, not adventurous, the traveling is between Mal'e and the airport only, is fun, busy and hard and I do get to meet new people everyday!

The crew in the shop is great so far. Not to mention, I've heard loads of stories about this place and some crew members have interesting stories. It gives me the hee-bee jee-beex ;) My best defense there, split personality! I'm not my self when I'm there, I act like this goody goody has been. I have no intentions of showing my true colors until and unless I get to trust these people. So far I don't think thats going to happen in a long time to come. Who knows whether I'll be there long enough ;)

On a more serious note, at this point, I'd love any job from the government. I only go to this job to satisfy two people. To honor my moms wish and to protect my fathers reputation. Its hard alright, a lot of weight, but I'm doing it just for them. Well its not school any more, so I guess this is how real life tastes like huh? Chao...

No comments: