Monday, December 22, 2008

The story of a bird...



Guys, within the past two days I've got two new friends. One is a Han's Macaw whom I named Archie. The other is a female Eclectus. I haven't named her yet. When first I saw the Eclectus last night, I noticed something. The other pet Eclectuses I've seen were always in a very bright mood. However, this one was kind'a stern looking with an unusual aura of darkness in its eyes which seemed very familiar to me. I asked the guy (who gave it to me) about its history. He said that it was left alone in his house and everyone who came in would always pick on it. He said it was alone in his house for 1 whole year since he now lives in Colombo. So he thought he'd give it to me. After a while I suddenly remembered its eyes and where I've seen it before. It was the eyes of a teenage boy I once knew...These birds need a lot of company and play time. Shes not that friendly and I don't blame her for biting half my finger off 'cause thats the result of being lonely. But I ain't gonna give up on this one. Like Archie, shes gonna be one of my best friends! Anyway, guys, why don't you help me name her?

No comments: