Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cross roads of destiny...

I’m leaving pretty soon and I just thought I’d share something with you guys. I’m pretty nervous and excited about going and at the same time I can hardly imagine how much I’m gonna miss everything here. This is my home, where I was born and raised, educated and where I have friends. I never actually thought that this day would come so quickly. I’ve learned a lot here, I found love here and though nothing has been perfect, I learned to smile through those imperfections.

I have been hiding something from you guys and I’m sorry that if anyone feels that I should have shared this with them earlier. The truth is, since a very young age, I’ve always wanted to run away. Problem is I never actually knew why or where to. Funny isn’t it?

However, now I do have reasons and I guess I’ve got a place to go to. I want to prove myself, test my limits to see what I’m capable of. I want to re-discover myself, experience new things and to feel what it means to color ones dreams. I’ve always felt that here at home, someone or something, I dunno, suppresses me somehow, you know, stops me from reaching the stars.

Then again, when I ask myself what is the purpose of all these dreams, the purpose of going through some stupid training or something, I go all blank. It makes me laugh when I end up at a closed road with a tall brick wall saying “dead end”. Can’t help thinking that I’ve got to break through, spread my wings, fly high up into the sky and soar through the clouds. Sounds like a Disney cartoon right? Anyway with so many answers to find and so much knowledge to gain, I’m not going to fritter away this opportunity which I got thanks to almighty Allah.

I’ll keep you guys updated through my blog about this whole new journey which I’m going to undertake starting 24th this month. I don’t know when I’ll be posting the next post, but do keep in touch. So with tears of joy in my eyes, I say “bismillah” and start walking towards the boulevard of destiny. I’ve already started missing you guys…


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

refer to the line 22..a certain three words..:P:P u surely have taught us wot NEFM is..

http://www.gloriouspoems.blogspot.com/
there's this poem called "LIFE",kiyahchey ingey:)

"Can’t help thinking that I’ve got to break through, spread my wings, fly high up into the sky and soar through the clouds" it reminds me of A Whole New world...magic carpet ride.

wish you all the best chocolatepudin kolhaa..our prayers are always wit you. study hard, reach the stars, moon ves,ingey..come bak to Maldives wit her;)

n yah, i dont think u cud stay there until d passage of five n half years. There r certain things scheduled within 5yrs,wich cannot take place without u..:P:P:P

aaaaaaaaai..d dhiggest comment ever ^.^

cyberkid said...

HAHAHAAAAA..I guess ur NEFM fan numba one dho...U recognixed it so easily... :P anyway, i got june/july breaks and november/december breaks...I'll surely be back for the grand finale of the story of hunny-bunny and popsickles... ;)