Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Chapter two: Facts and reasons

31st January 2000

It’s funny how it actually started. I mean I never looked at any girl in class seriously. One fine morning, I just walked into class and she smiled at me. That’s how I noticed the first girl in the first bench. To tell you the truth, I’m straight and I’m not gay. But still, even though the fact remained, I had no interest in getting myself hooked up with girl for time pass; typically, it means I’m not a jerk! I had no intention of falling into a deep whole from where I couldn’t pick myself up or something, ‘cause I’ve been there and done that.

It was just after lunch again, me and Bishal were returning to class and Bishal took a detour to the boys “common room” and I made my way to class. There she was again, looking at me and smiling again. There definitely was eye contact and people say that eye contact means something. Yet I took it lightly, I think I smiled back but passed the day as usual. I’m sure nothing had happened ‘cause, I heard no violins and I saw no rainbows.

Later, while we were walking back to the hostel, I confessed this to Bishal and he said to me that girls smiled at you for two reasons, 1. They like you (in a friendly way), 2. They’re teasing you. For a moment I pondered on the facts and imagined myself, a big walrus with pot-belly and thin limbs, yea right! She was probably teasing me. Hey, don’t get me wrong, I may be a bit bulky (5’8” and 96 Kilos), still I don’t fail to cast my charm on the opposite sex and look sexy!

Well, the practices for “Freshers” have begun as well. It’s actually a mass ragging type of thing where all the juniors will be on stage and you’ll perform and you’ll be rated and if you fail to catch the bar, you’ll be ragged by all the seniors there. Imagine the horror! Well, to tell you the truth, I can’t ‘cause I’m not part of it. Catch ya laiters amigo. Night..

7 comments:

rau said...

hahaha! but you still kept thinkin about her though you saw no rainbows!
and the result was that her name appeared in your diary!

waiting for the next one! upload sooon.misss uuu..

rau said...

and i guess Bishal forgot to mention the third reason..
must be because she was attracted to you at first sight;)

puspa said...

awesome...but 96 kilos??????

cyberkid said...

thanx bistey...very glad u checked it out!!!

Rau...i'll remind bishal ;)

manzee said...

may b the thrid reason is:it doesnt cost a thing to pass on a smile....grumpy face makes u luk ugly...hehehehe

cyberkid said...

hahahaaaa...maybe...but some people with grumpy faces look cute too :P

manzee said...

aahhh is it so???lets c.we'll try the grumpy face:p