Thursday, June 3, 2010

Alone in hell...



After the guys left, I was one of the three seniors staying in the hostel apart from the juniors. I had huge plans for the remaining 14 days. So I started off with cleaning my room. Boy that was hard work. I upturned all the beds and pulled away the cupboards while cursing the worker who cleans the room. It was so dirty! I sprayed all the little bugs and chased a little mouse out of the room that had made his home inside my room partner’s old shoes. I finished cleaning in 3 hours and took a shower. It was almost 3 in the afternoon and the sun was scorching hot.

The temperature was around 45 degrees and I felt drained. I settled on my bed and immediately fell asleep. When I walk up, I was drenched in sweat. It was around 7 in the evening and yet there was no light and no change in the temperature. The heat added to my boiling temper.

The same night, around 12 midnight, a “helicopter” entered my room and I had to search for him for an hour before I could sleep again. (Helicopter is the name I gave to a big beetle that represents a dung beetle but is in golden yellow color. He’s extremely noisy and loves crawling under dark places which are extremely narrow.)The horrible one day alone in the hostel changed my mind and I had a change of plans…I headed towards Pokhara.

2 comments:

rau said...

temperature is 45 degreeeeeeeeeeee ey?!!!!!!!!!! :O

Unknown said...

My God!! dont go out nazim, u r dark enough!!! :P