Sunday, May 30, 2010

Second year summer break...

The heat in Bhairahawa was draining everyone out, when the college finally decided to give us a break of 17 days. I already had plans to stay in the hostel and utilize my privacy to do some interesting stuff. And so, the first day kicked off with my room partner heading towards Pokhara to meet a friend. The next thing I knew, I had agreed to go to Palpa with a gang of ten including some very interesting people.

So first stop this vacation: Palpa

Palpa was a beautiful place hidden within the hills. It took us two hours to reach there but for me, it was like 30 minutes as I was half asleep the whole journey. The amazing thing was although the sun was shining, it didn’t have the burning effect of Bhairahawa. Invited by a dusty cyclone, we took rest near the biggest tea pot I have seen so far. We roamed around a bit, going to several places and finally hit Nanglo to have lunch after walking through the largest gates of Asia.Then after a bit of rest in Nanglo, we headed towards the Mission Hospital.


On the way, we walked up and down a hill, catching glimpses of the valley and its natural beauty all around. It was fun enjoying with the guys and I felt a bit relieved and happy that I came along, because I was initially planning to cancel the trip because my room partner was not going.The mission hospital was big and well maintained. The interior was clean and represented qualities that our hospital lacked. After the tour of mission hospital was over, we finally started to search for a place to settle in. Almost all the places were packed and we finally found a place which was far better than most of the places we’ve checked.

The Greenhill Hotel and Lodge was a small 3 story building maintained by a very friendly Aunty and her kiddo was the “DON” of Pokhara. The night fell and we enjoyed a spectacular party in the dining room where I discovered and found out several new things which I didn’t know previously. The party helped me get some answers that I searched for and I was finally free to let go of things. It was fun fun fun and more fun till the last minute before everyone called it a night.

The next morning we went to Ranimal, the Taj Mahal of India in Nepal. It was a long journey on foot where we had to cross 5 hills. We discovered our new symbol and had a great time running up and down the “orallo’s”. The place was beautiful but the inside was hollow as it was being renovated. We didn’t spend much time there, and the journey back to the starting point took us almost 4 hours. Everyone was tired, but we caught a bus and returned safely back to Bhairahawa.


Next morning everyone went their own separate ways, leaving me to my own mischief ;)…

1 comment:

rau said...

hurey dho varahh salhi thanthan..dhaahiyvey:D