Sunday, August 1, 2010

Chapter 7: Prom night!

29th April 2000

Carrom Mania was a blast. It was organized by the 6th batch seniors and I joined in at the last moment. I tagged with a guy named Rupak and we reached the semi finals together and lost there. It was a tough challenge as the rules were new and the board was of mid-evil times with a plastic set of coins. But, hey, no complaining there, I was willing to practice my playing for anything. At the end, there was a huge dance party and I, for the first time in my life attended a dance party.

I thought of calling it my first prom night but I guess it would have been useless since neither I nor my friends had dates!

However, all the girls of the class were invited and at around 10:30 pm, the dance floor started to heat up.

The interns started dancing and my friends started to join in. I hid behind several of those people who were too shy to perform. For one thing, I was interested in dancing, but my mind was set on finding “her”. I was constantly searching until I found her dancing with her friends.
My heart flattered at the very sight. I let one of the guys pull me in and I joined the crazy floor where everyone was moving and shaking it.

I slowly edged towards her. She looked really pretty in the pink and white top with blue jeans. I have seen her dance before and wasn’t surprised at how flexible she was.
I was dancing close by and one of my friends pushed me towards her. I bumped into her and she stumbled but kept on dancing.

I didn’t give a damn either and kept on dancing. It was one of the most memorable nights. I was having the time of my life. I was shocked when the DJ announced it was 1:30 am in the morning. The girl’s bus came and they left.

***** ***** ***** ***** *****

After they left, I was sitting outside with some of my friends and went inside to get some water.
When I came out, she was standing outside looking at the pouring rain. I asked her what happened and she said that she missed the bus. I asked her whether she wanted to walk. She said she was afraid of the dark.., “Then hold my hand”…I welcomed her and she took it.

We walked the dark roads in the rain. I held her close. The empty silence meant something. It is said that love is a silent language spoken between two hearts.

Suddenly, there was dang-dung and the beautiful picture shattered…I woke up with a start and realized it was just a dream!!!!!

2 comments:

rau said...

everyone was moving and shaking IT...;)

hahaha! i was like "keevvebaa nazim nubunee mi vaahaka" and finally found out that it was only a dreamm:P:P

manzee said...

Nicely written:),was she luking dat gud'?i doubt it.hehe.highly imaginative thoughts though,which wudn't leave ur mind even wen u wre sleeping;)