Sunday, August 15, 2010

Chapter 8: Seniors and Juniors

17th May 2000

I was shifted into the hostel and the second night; I was kissed by an acid fly. When I came here, I heard rumors that a senior liked her.

That evening Sisir Gaire dai called me and told me that I was safe with the Nepalese and they loved me like their own brother. You know there is a saying, “Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer”
Ok so, what happened next was this morning, when I went to class, my friend Krishna gave me a card and said that Gaire dai had given this to pass to “her”. So I took it and added a note of mine. In my note I said,
“I’m extremely sorry that I have to be a mediator like this, but I hope you understand the relationship between senior and junior”
Thanx
= _ _ _ _ _=

I took a deep breath and approached her. I called her and she turned…She took both the card and note from me when I handed it and I added “I hate doing this” in a typical tone.

The net was set and the charm was cast. She took my note and put it inside her notebook, she rejected the card! She said that she didn’t want it and I told her that dai will kill me. The bell rang and it was time for lunch.

As usual, a 5 rupee cake filled mu tummy and I was sitting in class early. Her gang also arrived early and from the other end of the opposite bench she called me. She said, “It’s ok. Just tell dai that I rejected it.” I said I’ll do it and I gave her a smile and she returned one back.

That evening I found a torn card on the ground. I joined the two pieces and it read, “FRIENDSHIP”. I smiled at it and thought to myself, “friendship….hmmmmm….”

3 comments:

manzee said...

Ya it was quite a typical tone;) friendship wid a senior has its pros nd cons bt d cons seem 2 over power d pros,i think d girl took d rite decisn haina ta?

swytie said...

hmmmmmm... soo far soooo goooood :)
=swyt=

rau said...

ehemm..good good..:)