Saturday, July 17, 2010

Chapter 6: Heart beats!

13th April 2000

Today was the last day before summer vacation. I had half a mind to go to class but one of my friends, Bishal Acharya asked me to sit out the class until it was over. So I thought why not…let’s just do it…

It was a long and boring day until the lunch break. Just after lunch, I planned on bunking class and Bishal Acharya made me sit glued to my seat.

It was Nair sirs Health promotion class and as usual, without steaming our mind, we just had to switch on the gas in our hands.

Within 30 minutes we finished writing everything and he still didn’t let us leave. Suddenly he said, “Who will sing a song of farewell?” I was laying my head on the desk when the few guys present in the class started screaming my name!

“Ok boy, come up here and sing us a song”. I hesitated just for minute and I stood up with a smile. I knew exactly what to do.

I was handed the microphone when I reached up the stage. I took a deep breath and…

“Ok, so it has been almost 3 months since I’ve been in Nepal and it has been great. This song was taught to me by Bishal Acharya and it goes like this…Eklo jeevan ma kewal saath khojathey…”
Immediately everyone started clapping and all the girls joined in and sang along. For a fraction of a second, I noticed the beautiful smile of the “other” girl along with the smile from my “Bauju”.
I couldn’t take off my eyes from the girls as I was constantly searching for her until…there she was…

There were sparkles all around her as she looked at me from the last bench. She was shy and tried hiding behind her friend. Her smile…it mesmerized my heart…its rhythm changed and it started beating in a new direction!

3 comments:

rau said...

Eklo jeevan ma kewal saath khojathey..koba meaning akee?
ur bauju?

cyberkid said...

xilla, would u mind doing the honors of translation??? :D

manzee said...

i also dnt knw who is his bhauju???who is ur bhauju huh??traslation:"in the lonely life of mine,i only wanted ur presence"hmmm is dat so??in which direction was ur heart beating???