Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Chapter 10: The call

22 June 2000

It has been two weeks since I danced with the princess of my dreams, but nothing has happened after that. The breath catching performance seemed to be long gone

Just two night’s back now, I was sitting on my bed after a heavy meal with nothing to do when one of my buddies dropped by on phone, pretending as if nothing more matters to him in this world than the queen on the other end of the line.

To tell you the truth, I always wondered about how a romantic chat would sound like on phone. I mean hey, people take hours on phone and I can’t help wondering what they keep blabbering about. Just imagine if you say nothing at all apart from I love you, I love you, I love you and more I love you!

Anyway, he came and sat next to me and caught me by surprise, “Hey, could you give me “HER” number?”

Literally speaking, I fell off of bed like someone shot me in the head! He just hung up and flashed an evil grin. “Want to call her? Here’s the number…”

That made little fire crackers explode in my brain, not just one at a time, but all at once. “What the hack am I supposed to say? How am I supposed to start? What if I say something stupid?”

“Relax you ‘love pareyko manchey’ (means: the man in love), just speak!” he dialed the number and passed the cell to me. One ring gone…two rings gone…A sweat drop slid down my forehead, clinging on to dear life and my spine was rigid as steel. My stomach started doing multiple back flips when…“hello…” came the voice…

I thought my heart skipped a beat. That voice was so sweet…"hey...It’s me…" and I started off…time passed and eventually we said our good-nights. I didn’t realize it was almost an hour since I was on phone, but it didn’t even feel like 30 seconds. Jeez…I was feeling like soooo….

The guy just kept staring at me and I said “what” and he started laughing like a mad monkey! I jumped on him and started to wrestle him. With all the energy from that sweet voice of hers and the laughter that gave me goose bumps…the night ended with indescribable feelings and silent thoughts running up and down my brain, not to mention the effect on my heart rate!

3 comments:

manzee said...

oohhh my god.....did all those things really happen?????i wonder wat wud have happend if two of u had gone out on a date after the dance...hmmmm hehehe.....keep dreaming....u shud rite a footnote.like-[doctor's secret life based on the experiences and the surroundings..if it coincides wid ur experiences..it wud b jus a mere coincidence..;)

cyberkid said...

oho oho...coincidences and luck...one should believe in himself and also believe that things happen for a reason ;)

rau said...

ohooo! kihaavarakun dhaanebaa ;)