Friday, April 15, 2011

Chapter 12: Indirect date

06 July 2000

Well, is it really surprising how news spread faster than a wild forest fire these days? I guess not ‘cause that was yesterdays news! Anyway, she rang up yesterday morning to tell me that the old fart was a big “L” looser and nothing more than a rotten bag of potatoes.

The tone, her voice…It felt like a large dose of morphine. I was taken aback, I mean not much, just a tinsy bit, when she said lets go out together. It was kind of sudden for an indirect date! Well not exactly a date, but just…I dunno…something like that.

I took one of my friends with me and she took one of her friends with her. They were supposed to be the dummy people fell for so that the purpose of the meeting was hidden. Literally speaking it was no fun at all. We were supposed to part and me and her, we were supposed to sit alone in Pizza King, but our friends didn’t leave us. They just sat there and all we did was stare at each other apart from eating pizza. I mean how could I be so stupid to call it a date? Anyway, we headed back with the promises of seeing each other and calling each other.

Next week is sports week. It’s called Simrik and only Nepalese took part in it. It was very nice of them to let me participate and I’m now in Basketball and Football. They also talked about Karuna, a fair that was supposed to be held after Simrik. Guess what, shes playing cricket. Although I have vowed to commit suicide before I watch or play cricket, I guess this is an exception. I mean common, now its all about me and her…I mean you know, in a good way..

No comments: