Saturday, December 29, 2007

Goodbye 2007…

“I’m gonna go away from your life. I’ll never come back into your life ever again. Yes I’m gonna die within 2 days. I dunno whether you were happy or sad when I was there with you for all these days. I dunno whether you feel sad to leave me or not, but I do. I’m going to leave everything in this world and carry only the sweet memories between you and me. I’m leaving…Don’t cry…

Yours truly,

2007”

I suppose everyone is receiving messages like this as a whole New Year approaches. Well, what can I say? The year 2007…a whole new chapter in my life completed…Lets have a review of those unforgettable memories 2007 brought with it.

The year started for me with many goals in mind. Except for one goal, I successfully achieved the rest. January brought my 17th birthday along and for the first time in my life, my father was the first one to wish me happy birthday. The last person to wish me was my dearest friend Thasneem. During January I also went to Lanka with the Maldivian carom team and had a rocking time.

Until June, everything was going on a normal basis. The school anniversary was one of the tremendous events that took place. The second semester exams were a bit rough but I managed through with satisfactory results. Many unannounced breakups and re-bonding took place between the best of people.

After the first six months, slowly some mysteries started to unfold. Centre piece was one of the events that tested me most of my leadership qualities. Martyrs Day preparations went on a far better scale and I was happy that it went more smoothly than expected. Then again each of these events came with new complications and I faced them all with old and new friends by my side. The month of October was the most enigmatic month as it was the month where I learned a secret about each of my friends. Some of the truth was hard to believe but nothing I did changed anything. Price day was celebrated and I was awarded with discipline prize (it was a complete surprise to me).

The third semester ended and I got bad results. Some of my friends who really cared weren’t happy about it and urged me to study harder. I promise I will!


That was kind of it, but let me tell you about the 5 most memorable moments...

  1. For the first time in my life I ate banana split with three great friends…
  2. I met a beautiful friend whom I wish to give my heart to after my final semester…
  3. Friend’s night out no. 1…Pizza in Olive Garden…
  4. The most memorable event that I’ll never forget about… “STUDENTS PARLIAMENT 2007”. New friends from each corner of Maldives and I think I’ll miss them the rest of my life until we meet again…The fun we had was unparalleled with any other thing I did this year…
  5. Friends night out no. 2…Actually it was an anniversary celebration.

On the whole, this year was fantastic. For instance I realized that apart from my best buddy there are 3 more people who care for me in the same way and accept me just the same. Love crept into lives unannounced and changed ‘2’ lives forever…friendships bloomed like the blooming of daisies in the spring… a radio channel ‘NEFM’ was born and “THE ENIGMATIC UNFORESEEN” was given life…and me, I’ve almost finished a new chapter in life and am ready to start a new one…Good bye 2007…Will miss you…

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY READERS

No comments: