Saturday, December 8, 2007

The trip of my lifetime…

The last and final trip of the “trip week”, a picnic trip to Bodubandos and Kudabandos. This was by far the best picnic I ever had. The most enjoyable, the most exciting and the most adventurous and everything else.

Friday was the day of the trip and after our training program we had loads to do. We had to find the ideal stuff to make the trip worthwhile. I couldn’t sleep that night. I mean I was so eagerly waiting for this trip that I woke up like every two hours and checked my alarm clock to see how many hours were left before the alarm goes off. Finally, the sun came up and I was ready for flight an hour before the trip.

I headed to the jetty and waited with my friends for the officials to arrive. They did, about half an hour later and we set off to Bodubandos. We were greeted by the resort staff and had an information session which was not very boring, but gloomy. Breakfast was served and most unfortunately I was one of the last people to get a plate. I didn’t eat much as I had a pre-thought that lunch might be a lot better. Well, superstition paid off later…

We had a tour of the place for a little while and headed to Kudabandos. On the way Maahaa and I took the liberty of distributing the Pupil’s parliament awards voting papers. It was to be handed after lunch. We reached Kudabandos within three minutes of departure. The sea was very rough and I was wet due to the waves that crashed into the boat. Safe and sound, we reached Kudabandos and noticed that two of our numbers were missing. They were lost in Bodubandos and we left without them. Shortly after they also joined us in Kudabandos. We went for Friday prayer and changed afterwards to picnic clothes. We had a marvelous lunch; I ate something of my own invention from the available stuff from the lunch table, crispy chicken crumbs. It was good.

Before all the activities started, all the votes had come in and Shamath, Maahaa and I started to count them. The volley ball match played between the student’s parliament and youth parliament was won by the youth. I dunno the results of the mixed dodge ball match. The votes were counted and the awards were announced. I got 2 awards; most sensible person and the smartest person!! But these results are temporary as our two teachers in charge did not cast their votes.

The rest of the day… I’ll have to invent words to describe it. Water ball, running on the beach, making acrobatic towers in the sea, the new born friendships were blooming like the flowers in the spring. It was totally awesome. I really don’t think I’ve ever gone on such a trip.

We came back to Male’ in a rough sea at 6:20pm. On the whole, the day was worth it and a lot of fun. I don’t remember any other moment in my life where I had so much fun and so much friends.Shamath and Maahaa are busily counting the votes accompanied by Hanaan Miss.

No comments: