Monday, December 17, 2007

The last 30 days…

Rule number one in physics – What goes up, must come down…On the sixteenth of November I embarked on a journey. I took flight into the world of politics I so much hated. I mean not “hate, hate” but I don’t admire politics very much. But this adventure of mine…I’m actually trying to find words to describe it…

Ok, on the very first night I thought I didn’t want to go on with this workshop as its taking half of my holidays. But on the other hand, I thought that this might be a good experience. So, I started going there just for the sake of the experience. I wasn’t aware of the surprises in store for me.

My journey through the last 30 days has taught me new lessons and re-polished old lessons. I thank god that I was given such a chance to get to know great people, learn so much about human rights and disabled people. I feel like I’ve done something…something solid. New friendships were born and now I’m proud to say that I have a friend from the 20 corners of Maldives.

It was very tough having to say goodbye to all those new friends I’ve just made. Yesterday we finished the recording and had the certificate awarding ceremony. We handed out the pupil’s parliament awards; I got the award for the most sensible person. Watch TVM on 22 December at 14:15 and you’ll see the work we did.

All the new lessons I learned, I won’t forget them. I’d like to share some of them with you…They say what goes up must come down…Every beginning has an end and every end has a new beginning. I always knew that I’d look back at some of the times I shed tears and laugh over it. But I never realized that looking back at the laughs, it would make me cry…

How I wish I could go back in time and re-live those moments. But that ain’t possible…The last 30 days, now just memories…Memories that I’ll cherish forever…Guys, I’ll never forget you ever…Thank you god for giving me this brilliant chance to mould something new in my life…Thank you…

No comments: